I just thought I would post a few pictures of the hanging wedding hearts I have made for a friends wedding in June. I am really pleased with how they turned out, even though they took me longer than I had anticipated, all the hard work paid off in the end.
Here they are stacked in their box.
I made 65 hearts, although you can't see this in the picture.
The wedding theme is grey and cream so I chose the colours to complement this. The first material I chose was made by Clarke & Clarke, grey and white spotty with a white ribbon.
The other material was a cream Broiderie Anglaise with a cream ribbon.
Both colours of hearts had a mother of pearl button sewn on.
It was a nice change from making the jointed bears, and felt like an amazing achievement when I had finished making all 65!
I hope they are happy at the wedding.
I thought I would share a new bear that I made this morning, he is one of my smaller bears, his name is actually Alfie Bear.
He is much smaller than my standard bear, 6 inches sitting. But the final product is very cute.
I made him out of a soft purple cotton fabric and a contrasting fabric on the feet and the ears.
He is made with small joints so his head, arms and legs all move.